Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rudy's Gas Station



On the way out to dinner, I asked Senya if she spoke Canadian or American. She thought for a minute and told me she speaks English! (and then she let out a wicked laugh)




Jamie, Greg and myself were certainly happy to stop working and go out for dinner. We met Trent at the restaurant. I have been longing to go to the Cheesecake Factory since we were in Austin last year.

We needed to get to the restaurant early to get a seat. Greg and I finished off half the nachos and three drinks each, while Jamie was outside with the kids occupying them while Trent was coming from work to the restaurant.

The waiter put Trent's dinner called 'Bang, Bang Shrimp and Chicken' on the table and Ivan just put his little hands on the plate and said, "Mine!"

When Ivan's Pogo Sticks and Fries came, he was willing to change plates.

Greg ordered the biggest Burrito any of us had ever seen.

I stayed with the local food and ordered enchiladas while Jamie ordered Chicken Bellagio with pesto sauce pasta topped with arugula. Only Trent finished his plate.


After Ivan and Senya had finished their dinner and were showing by their active behavior that they were ready to leave, Trent went over and sat between them.

I got some tricks out of my bag. I gave Ivan and Senya a rock or two and told them to eat them.

Trent looked at Ivan’s rock and told Ivan that we don’t eat rocks and he should throw it away. So Ivan threw the rock under the table.
My mouth dropped open, Greg shook his head, and Jamie with a rather loud and annoyed voice said, “Trent! It was Wyona who said that!”

I sucked Trent right in. He was surprised that it was not a rock. Ivan would have nothing to do with my rocks, so I ate one for him. As soon as Ivan saw that, he took a bite of a rock and had his hand out for more rocks. Of course he got off his seat and tried to go under the table to retrieve the one rock he threw away. The rocks are actually filled with a very nice quality of chocolate.

Maybe I could bring some rocks back to Calgary to give to any other friends. I surely will not be adding them to the beach rocks.

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.