Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sixteen Pound Landen Hicks

Landen in his Flames blanket
Janet, Graham, Laynie and Landen dropped by yesterday evening to pick up Uncle Connor.

They were on their way to have dinner with Great Uncle Brad and Great Aunt Krista.

The first peek I got at the baby was when they pulled the face flap back and there he was, asleep in his chair.

When I could first see his little face, I ran for my camera.

I couldn't stop myself.

I took 100 pictures.

You will only get to see five of them.

He came to my house, swinging at the bottom of his father's arm, hidden behind a blanket so red that he was not really hidden.

Imagine, this cute little guy wants so much to eat that he gets a supplement.

He needs a supplement?

His mom is delivering pure gold to him.

my hands and my great-uncle's hands
I loved touching these little baby hands. He is using them now, to find his mouth.

As well, I love those little ten-week-old hands against the eighty year old hands of his Great Uncle Kelvin, whom as you can see from the pictures, still knows how to hold a heavy baby.

It won't be long until those little hands are learning to say,

     Here is the church
     And here is the steeple
     Open the doors
     And see all the people.

On another note, I ran out of fennel seeds and found a deal:  $2.97 for a pound of it.

Now I have to figure out how to use that much fennel, so went to the internet and found a fennel and fig artisan bread.

Blech to home made bread!
My first two loaves of it were on the counter, hot.

I tore off a crust and put it in his hands.

He didn't take it to his mouth. Nor even wave it in the air. Nope. Just not interested.

thinking ... thinking
I love the curve of his baby finger on his right hand.

I think Connor has been holding this baby too much.

I can only hear him thinking, "Yup. I am like Connor. I am only interested in astro physics."

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.