Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finishing the Cruise


If you want to bring your Harley along for the island visits, then go for it. It makes for an interesting cruise to watch the bikes disembark and embark at most ports. These 35 bikers are lined up ready to board the ship after a day in St. Thomas.

A few times on the boat there was an 11:00 p.m. buffet. This night there was an 11 p.m. chocolate buffet. I was so full and so tired that I opted to stay in our stateroom while Greg went to the buffet.
The watermelon ornament is used for decoration on the chocolate buffet table.

The evening dining room is three floors high, the top two floors looking down on the centrum of the main dining room floor.

The Explorer of the Seas has a promenade/shopping/eating area right down the middle of the ship. It is five stories high with staterooms looking on the promenade. Our 150 sq. ft. statetroom was an inside room, no windows but it would stay dark until forever so we could sleep in as late as we could. We usually got up in time for brunch at 11:30.

5 comments:

  1. I am the person who would study both sets of pictures: food and transportation. The motorcycle mamas is what I was looking for on board the ship. Can you tell them with their helmets on?

    I was overjoyed to see the chocolate buffet and saddened that you weren't up to it at 11 pm, Wyona.

    Go, Greg, go. Margaret Oldham and I will be there to keep you company on the next cruise. I hope Wyona's ennui with chocolate is not contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention what really made me laugh in one of the pictures. I studied the food sculpture for a long time, but not before noticing the sign in the background: 14kt gold jewellery, adverstized in gold.

    Too bad I only wear silver.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyona, look at your tan. I am so jealous. Not of the tan per se, but of the fact that it means you have been seeing the sun.

    I have been enjoying all the rays of sun I can catch here in Ottawa despite the just below zero temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I got a little too much sun the first day on the beach in Haiti. After that I bought a hat with a big brim and hid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a stunning ship. As we are studying different forms of tourism in class, different motivations that push people to one destination, others that pull them toward a particular selection, how satisfied people are and how do we know their satisfaction level, I continually learn more about the choices of travellers and their experiences engaging with other cultures. In this case, this ship looks gorgeous and a chocolate buffet would make any vacation better. Great tan Wyona! Keep having fun you two!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.