Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Moment of Nostalgia

Gabe signs autographs for theatre patrons and ...
Arta begins to think about the highlights of 2013
I had a moment of nostalgia this morning when looking at the left-hand side of the blog (The Blog Archive) and remembering at the same time that the year is coming to a close. Doral Johnson set the blog up in 2009 and then slipped out saying, "This belongs to all of us. I just set it up."

Now four years have come and gone: Nov and December of 2009, then 2010 to 2013, well four years -- almost ... a few days to go. On the average, it looks like we talk to each other about 450 times a year. I scrolled through the short two months of 2009 postings to see pictures of people who are now 4 years older. That is what brought the moment of nostalgia. Even I look four years younger in the photos.

I lingered longer at one of the posts, for there was my list of "The Ten Best 2009 Moments to be Remembered".

I really laughed when I saw 2009 was the year Rebecca offered to co-write a paper with me if I would come to a workshop with her. She said she would do the work. I would just have to talk to her for a while. In the months that followed, she turned that around into writing a paper each.  The papers are appearing in a collection about polygamy published in 2014. Who would have known in 2009?

Now I am off to take a walk.  It is -17. I will begin formulating my new post: Arta’s 10 always-to be-remembered-moments of 2013. I must remember to keep my eye on the icy sidewalks while the last 12 months roll by in my head.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.