Friday, December 20, 2013

What I want for Christmas ...

Excess is never a good thing.

But what I want for Christmas is excess.

I need a shoe horn at the front door, a shoe horn at the back door, a shoe horn to carry with me when I put my shoes on and off in other people’s homes and I need a shoe horn for my own living room downstairs.


I already have a shoe horn in my bedroom.

A short one.

I left my all-time favorite shoe horn in London at Rebecca’s house.  A long one. To tell the truth it wasn’t really mine.

It was a loaner from Kelvin – a long, slim-handled shoe horn. I am not sure he knows that it is missing yet.

The only shoe horn I own is  heavy weight – made of metal.

Too many ounces to carry on a trip if I am trying to cut down on the weight of my luggage.

Excess is never a good thing. Still, the long and short of it?  What I want for Christmas is shoe horns. Long and light-weight.

Rebecca reminded me of this yesterday when she said she could use some shoe horns as well.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Who is that putting on dainty shoes with the shoehorn. I doubt it is you Arta and I know it is not me.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.