Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy First Birthday, Theresa

... Theresa, just out of her car seat...
Theresa Oldham turned one yesterday.

 She had two celebrations.

At her house party, her cousin David came over, a cousin from the Oldham side of the family. David loves to hang out with Kalina, the older, wiser, two-year old, chatty sister.

And Theresa's Bates family arrived as well.

The cake was lit more than once.

That is the part of every celebration that can go on and on.

I haven't ever heard a child say, let s quit blowing out the candles and get on which eating cake.

"What's that you say?"
Theresa's second "First Birthday" celebration was a day with just her family -- at Chucky-Cheeses, an establishment well know to host birthday parties for the young.

When Kalina learned to crawl she choose a style that I haven't ever seen before.

She sits and throws one leg forward, gives herself a small bounce and then moves the other leg forward, with the same bounce repeated on the other side of her bottom.

... bouncing forward along the floor ...
She scoots along the floor in this fashion in great earnestness and with good speed.  That is why this third picture of her is not that good. She is on the move passed me to see Greg, in whose arms she loves to cuddle.

Happy First Birthday, Girl.

I love your cute little face.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, what toy are you playing with? We can only see the top of it. It reminds me of the vintage Trolls that your Grandma Wyona has at the Lake.

    My other guess is a stuffy. It looks a little like one I just received at work as a gag gift. I had pranked someone and they were determined to get me back good. They bought the most realistic rat you could imagine and hid it under my desk. The rat was so nasty looking the clerk made the woman purchasing the rat scan it herself.

    As for me, I must need glasses or to clean up my work area. It took me three days to notice it.

    When I did notice it, I gave a yelp. it has tiny long digits with nails on it's four paws. I will try to show it to you when you come to visit the Lake next. I wonder if you will want to study it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toy is a porcupine. It goes with a book "...and a porcupine in a pine tree". There are twelve verses with this book. Charise sings it all with the grandchildren when they come over, anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.