Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Triangle

... the beginning of my gift ...
Rebecca's post on creative projects reminded me that I had a hand-made gift sent to me by Hebe Jarvis.

The gift began with the design of the gift on a piece of paper.

Hebe's original sketch shows the direction she was headed.

Her mother tells me that the final project was done by Hebe with a pair of scissors.
... the final project ...


But not after colour was added.

I love how carefully she had to work to maintain the original shape of the design with her scissors.

And really, there is nothing like having a picture of the artist, or a small bio about her when I get a gift like this.
 ... Hebe: the artist ...

I haven't seen her for a long time.

It was a surprise to me to see the length of that beautiful black hair. The rest of her looks the same.

The twinkle in the eye and the charm of the smile.

This was one of my best gifts this Christmas --  I received a home-made triangle in the mail.

 Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.