Sunday, January 22, 2017

150 Years of Canadian Hooked Rugs

I am interested in seeing this exhibition which is organized and circulated by the Textile Museum of Canada.  

The opening reception is Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm.  

The exhibition runs from January 26 to April 8.

I have been to other circulating exhibitions from the Terxtile Museum of Canada and enjoyed them so much.  Your tax dollar at work for you.   I will probably slip in and see this one a few times.  You can find this by going to the Nickle Galleries which is in the Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL) at the University of Calgary. Free.

I can remember my mother hooking rugs.  In fact, I still have those hooks.  As well she braided rugs.  I have those tools as well.  I may go on a search and see if I can find them.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.