Thursday, August 13, 2020

ILRU Six Vignettes read by Val and Rebecca


Painting: Val Napolen
Raven Series
On the blog site of the Indigenous Law Research Unit is a post about a  series of conversations written by Val Napoleon, and read aloud by Val and Rebecca Johnson.

There are six vignettes.

I have only had time to look at the first, but I am surely going to listen to the other five, and also read Val Napoleon's paper, which I have only skimmed, but which I shall read again, probably taking notes.

Just my kind of thing.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie and I stayed up all night, talking for a while and then moving to watch some of these vignettes, starting with Lucy and her friend talking about indigenous feminisms. I am going to watch again, this time with a notebook. I loved the place where Val reads "so many questions", and then she goes on to list about 7 of them that swirl in the head of her fictional character.

    I am going to watch to see what the links are between the questions, if any? How she moves from one to another of the questions that swirl in her head.
    I relate to "so many questions swirling in her head". In the future, when the questions swirl for me, I am going to look around and see if I see a crow or a raven who will join me in the swirl of questions to be talked about. Nothing like having a trickster join me, hopefully to perturbe my environment, in a good way, of course.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.