Sunday, August 9, 2020

When the Universe is Telling you to Stay

We had to end our July visit to the lake.  It was a sad day for me.  Even if I know I will be coming back, the leaving is always hard.

I went to the van the clean the garbage out before we started packing up to get on the road.  That is when the universe said to me, "No.  Don't go."  

As I tried to open it, the sliding door came off of its tracks in my hands.  

I held on to the door, and luckily I had my phone in my pocket and was able to call Miranda.  "I'm have an emergency that requires and engineer," I said to her.  She came right out front to help.

Miranda took a look and suggested maybe Uncle Dave would be the best person to help.  Luckily for us, he was down at our zipline supervising his grand-daughters. He held the door and walked beside the van as I slowly drove it over to his house (the picture above was taken on his driveway).

He collected Dan and Matthew and between the three of them, they got my door back on the sliding track and closed. I was seriously grateful.  How lucky am I to be surrounded by so many amazing family members.  I'm pretty confident that no matter what problem you have, if you take a walk around the property, you'll find someone with the talents and willingness to help out.

So while I thought the universe was telling me to stay, I think really it was just reminding me of how lucky I am to be so connected to my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.