Thursday, August 27, 2020

Yellow Tansy or Common Tansy

... the common tansy with a stem of roses ...
"I found the name of the  yellow flower.  Common tansy or yellow tansy," Mary texted me.

I have been searching my flower books to find out the name of that flower.

It is in full bloom up and down the roads and along the foot paths.

I pulled one stalk to bring it into the house as a specimen.

The roots wouldn't come up and when I bent the stalk and twisted it, the fibers were too tough, so finally I was yanking at it.

Once inside the house , someone else stuck the common tansy in with Moiya's sweet peas, though when I went to take a picture of it, the flower wasn't there and had been  moved over to the vase that holds LaRue.

LaRue is the name of the rose bush at the northwest corner of my south porch -- a bush that had been cut back so much that there was a question as to whether it would live or die.

... a cutting from the roses brought into the house today ...
This was the same year that LaRue changed directors, who discovered that LaRue had more bills to pay than money to pay them with.

"Will LaRue live or die?"

That was the question of the two people gardening at that moment.

"Let's call this rose bush LaRue, and we will watch if its root system is enough to sustain it."

So always, when I am weeding or dead heading, or cutting blossoms from that bush, I am filled with gratitude for life in a bush and in a corporation.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Wyona.

    There is beauty everywhere out here, some of it created from clay. Rebecca continues to make clay pendants, most of which she gives to folks who people her classes or whom she meets at single lectures or gifted at the end of the summer to cousins and second-cousins who have loved the land as they have stayed here. You took three of those pendants, added a few other beads to them and as we were saying last night, they now look so fine, it troubles us that we have no place to wear them. Given that fact I have changed my mind and so have others. Those beautiful necklaces are worn everyday and when someone looks at them, again we say to each other, beautiful. You have quite the eye for asymmetry and we like to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were here, I'd try to get bridge going.

      Delete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.