Thursday, August 13, 2020

Daisy Ointment

Photo Credit: Miranda Johnson
I woke up this morning to read email dialogue between Miranda  and Rebecca Johnson.

What could have seemed more natural?

I have listened to the women talk back and forth often through the summer.

I was hearing more talk about getting daisy-infused oil into a beeswax potion to be used during the winter for bruises.


Last nightBonnie and I had beren thinking about Miranda, how different the house seems with one of the adult voices gone.
Photo Credit: Miranda Johnson

Bonnie had been thinking of the game Arbortum, in particular, since she and Miranda had played it together.

Miranda had previously played that game with Bonnie, Bonnie saying that Miranda was beating her roundly.

There are similar strategies in p
I was doing the same thing to Bonnie last night, only with the board game Lost Cities.

I was also a good opponent, until I stopped to show her some of my strategies, after which the game playing became much harder for me.

Photo Credit: Miranda Johnson
We played card games last night, too tired to continue viewing the Stratford Festival On-line's production of Love's Labour's Lost.

"Have you seen this show," Bonnie had questioned.

"Well, of course," I idly answered.  I feel as though I must have, since I did know the title.  But the show was new to me, a show written around the time of a 1607 pandemic, which closed Shakespeare's theatre and so all he could do was write.  And well he did, writing King Lear during that time.  I wonder if his daughters had ever gathered daisies for folk medicine, specifically bruises, for in the show, he is destined to get many of them.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.