Friday, July 12, 2013

100,000 mile check-up


I was at the neurologist’s office on Thursday by 7:30 am, having part one of a three part 100,000 mile check-up. The nurse began by telling me to sit at a beautiful wide desk. I thought, “Well, I guess I am going to be doing a lot of paper work for her to give me such a large space.” She sat down on the small chair beside the desk and then said, “Wait a minute. I am supposed to be sitting in your chair and you are supposed to be sitting in mine.”

That was fine – she asked for some simple data: do I drink, do I smoke, am I allergic to any medications, do I have any metal in my head, etc.” Then she walked to a faint ballpoint pen mark on the floor, leaned over and used her own pen to make the line much darker, saying to me, now stand behind this line. I stood where she had stood and from behind me she said, “Now read the eye chart.”

“You are not going to believe this, but this is bad. I can’t even find the eye chart no matter how hard I look at the wall.”

“Turn around. It is on the wall behind you.”

Hoping the rest of my tests go better than that those two did.

Arta

2 comments:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.