Monday, July 22, 2013

Ontario goes on forever

If you have ever driven across Canada, you know that Ontario goes on forever.  Three days to drive across it.

Leo has planned lots of adventures for the kids along the way.  One stop was in Sudbury at Science North -- a huge science centre.  One of the interactive exhibits was a stone polishing station.  The kids got to pick a rock and then go through 6 stages of polishing it.  I think they spent an hour doing this and had a grand time.




They also got to pet the Science North beaver because they happend to be hanging around at feeding time.  Evidently, its favourite treat is blueberries.


1 comment:

  1. Sucks to be you, Mary, and missing this fantastic family trip. I bet you can hardly wait until you can hug and kiss that little family again (and join them) next week.

    Oh my gosh to rock polishing and beaver feeding. As I was reading I was thinking to myself that I like blueberries as well. We have been eating them fresh by the handfuls and then cooked in bran muffins. I love it when Askews has a sale and we can buy them by the case lot.

    I am looking forward to seeing your polished rocks, kids, when you get here.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.