Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tom Sawyered

Richard told me he was driving out to Olds to see if he wanted to pick up a second-hand power washer: $300 and now $80.

When he got it home he told me that this tool will even take the grass out that grows between the cracks in the sidewalk.

I just bought some Round-Up to do that job, but couldn’t help wondering if Richard’s new tool would be as good as he thinks.
I am not a master of the tool yet.

Mud was splashed all over my pants, my hat, my glasses, and the feeling in my mouth was the gravelly one that you get in the dentist’s chair when they have just polished your teeth and need to rinse the compound away.

In the dentist’s chair the feeling is mud-like. Today the feeling was just mud.

On the bright side, there are no more weeds growing out of the cracks in my backyard cement.

Arta

4 comments:

  1. hahah.... i am showing this post to Alex and Duncan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never get the hat that I was wearing clean, though I tried to find its whiteness again. I took my jeans, laid them on the lawn and then blasted them with the hardest calibration on my regular hose, to get some of the dirt off before they went into the washing machine. I had to take buckets of soapy water and rags to the patio tables since the dirt blasted out of the cracks and up onto the tables where we eat. And the reason I got so much mud in my mouth is that occasionally something would happen that would make me laugh and when I did -- yes, I also got a mouthful of mud as I was having the giggle. I had to quit when Richard came and took his new toy away from me. He said he was going in for supper and he didn't want anyone to steal it, so into the garage it went and I came in the house to have the longest shower ever.

    Tell the boys, this tool is the ultimate in water-fight weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should clean the hat with the power washer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard was afraid of it getting stolen. he should worry about Arta taking your suggestion but cleaning her hat in his garage.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.