Wednesday, September 14, 2016

BBC Streaming a Mid Summer Night's Dream

Credit: Steve Tanner

A Mid Summer Night's Dream, Emma Rice’s inaugural production as Artistic Director at Shakespeare’s Globe, was broadcast live around the world for audiences to enjoy for free as part of Shakespeare Lives, the online digital festival co-curated by the BBC and the British Council.

I didn't know this was going to happen, but I got a phone call from Rebecca saying that A Mid Summer Night's Dream was already streaming.

She told me what I had to type in to catch up with what she was watching.

I got myself some snacks and settled down for a 3 1/2 hour watching fest. I was mesmerized. I would have only changed one thing. Had I known tis was happening I would have purchased more theatrical snacks. As it was I had to rely on kiwis, oranges and my new Envy apples -- all of which were just fine.

A natural sugar high is just as good as an artificial one.  Well, not quite, but they had to do.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.