Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Academy Awards of the Past

Rebecca Jarvis says that she is going to try to see all of the films that have won the best picture Academy Award this year.

She wondered if she could watch them all back to the 1930's.

Her idea came out of watching West Side Story and Fiddler

I thought seeing major award winning film was a good resolution.  Others disagreed.  We had some discussion about what a New Year's Resolution was and if this would fit into the category of a good resolution.

Some people think resolutions are about making you a better person.  Ha ha.  That means this is an excellent resolution, because I think seeing more (rather than less) film does make one a better person.

Not that it works for me, though, as in seeing more film makes me a better person.  It only makes me grow older.

One year I began writing down all of the names of the films I was seeing -- both the name of the film and the director.   I didn't know why I was doing it, but I seemed to have the need.

I can only do that when I am at home and have the list at my side.  Not having access to my lists is the only downside I have had, so far, from travelling.

Perhaps I will google for a list of the awards and see how many I have really seen yet -- and like Rebecca, I may try to add to the list.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. i support Rebecca's resolution (Gillian Calder has the same resolution each year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    What is Gillian's resolution? The one that is the same every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually, it is to watch all the films that are NOMINATED for best film.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.