Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Review of A Woman of No Importance

A Woman of No Importance
Again I go to the reviews in the Guardian to figure out what will be going on in the play on Thursday night, NT Live's A Woman of No Importance

Actually the play doesn't belong to NT Live but to Oscar Wilde.

I am going to have to take some notes before I go tomorrow -- get the plot in my mind and the major characters.

Anne Reid sings Victorian ballads that help
 to cover the changes to Jonathan Fensom’s set.
Photograph: Marc Brenner
I do like this line from the review when speaking about .... Best:  "Best takes a character who can easily appear wreathed in pious rectitude and turns her into a real woman who actively relishes her independence."

Now watching that is going to be fun!

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.