Thursday, January 25, 2018

Romeo and Juliet - the ballet

My idea of keeping the Sabbath Day holy is going to Church in the morning, going to a ballet in the afternoon, and going to a fireside at night. 

The Ballet from Moscow is only on Sunday.

Straight from Moscow, a pre-show chat and then two lovely hours of Prokofiev. The Jarvis kids and I watched the Romeo and Juliet (1968 Zefferelli) version of the play during the Christmas holidays. I always have to go back and get the Capulets and the Montagues in mind, figuring out the names of Romeo’s 3 friends and Juliet’s cousins. This was the right thing to do, for all of these characters appeared in the ballet again, much to my delight.

I have turned an important corner. I now love the ballet.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.