Monday, January 6, 2014

David's first day back at school

first draft - transcribed on left
Here's what David brought home from school today.

It looks like he is preparing his next talk for school. He gives one every other week.

The text below "Mon disourse" in black is the form. The text underlined and in blue font is what he generated at school and then more later at home. I transcribed his homework for him.

He told me he loves reading the Larch Haven blog. It is fun to read and it gives him good ideas for his talks.


Mon discourse

Mon cousin Duncan.

Bonjour mes ami.

Aujourd'hui je vais vous parler de quelqu'un que j'admire. Duncan.

Duncan est drôle, gentil, relax, et doué.


Duncan est drôle.

Il est un taquin. Quand il fait de blague, je rire fort.

Mon premier jour de Halo.

Duncan est gentil

Par example, une fois lui m'a donné un Halo Warthog. C'était mon premiere jouer de Halo Megablocks. 

Et puis, une doux anneé plus tard, il m'a donne tous son lego.


Duncan est relax

Par example, une fois, il a joué on-line avec moi.
Il était vraiment patiente quand il m'a appris jouer Minecraft.

Duncan est son tambour.

Duncan est doué.  

Par example, une fois il a bâti un tambour.


Enfin, je pense que c'est important qu'on connait Duncan parce que il est un bon personne de jouer avec. 

Merci pour votre attention.

Est-ce qu'il y a des questions où des commentaires?

5 comments:

  1. duncan says david has excellent french! better than his! way to go david

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this post surprised you two. It was such a treat to see he had generated the core ideas while at school. He is a true Duncan fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question. What about Ben? Why are there no questions about Ben? Has Ben been banned from the potential cousins list? Why is everything about Duncan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?!? The thing is about Duncan. Ben will be third time. The person who pulled out my tooth on the train will be the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have to figure out the taunt that David is making as he posts under Bonnie's name above. Hmmm.

    1. David is right. The whole post is about Duncan. Why would David mention Ben's name in a post about Duncan. That was dumb of me.
    2. I see that Ben will get a story as well. It will be the third story David writes.
    3. Now I am worried about the second post. What will it say? It is going to be about a grandmother who pulls out a child's tooth accidentally? As I remember it, I just told you I would let you bite as hard as you wanted on my finger. I didn't know that your loose tooth was going to come out when you bit on my finger. Now there is going to be a whole story about that on the blog. Oh, I wish I hadn't done it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.