Friday, January 17, 2014

Jewels: Bolshoi Ballet

Bolshoi Ballet Olga Smirnova
in the "Diamonds" section of Balanchine's "Jewels,"
  as performed at the Royal Opera House in London.
Hello,

Dance is not my forte.

Still I am going to watch the Bolshoi Ballet: Jewels HD Live on Sunday 12:55 pm.  In Calgary it is showing at Crowfoot Crossing and at Scotia Bank Cineplex at the Chinook Mall.

Here is a New York Tiimes Review, lest that is all you will be able to take in.  I clicked on the link in the article, thinking I would just watch a few seconds of the show.  I ended up watching the whole 10 minutes.

If you want to know more about this ballet there is a nice article on Wikipedia about Jewels.  The ballet is abstract and uses music from Faure, Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky.

Running time is 2 hours, 30 minutes.

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.