Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tomorrow's Date with Coriolanus

Rehearsal shot from Coriolanus
Hello,

I don't know how tomorrow's broadcast of Coriolanus will hold up against last year's MacBeth from the National Theatre.  Coriolanus is getting rave reviews and it is now sold out at the Donmar Warehouse.  My only hope is to see it tomorrow night.

As well, good news about coming productions.  .
Alan Acybourn's riotous exposure of entrepreneurial greed, A Small Family Business, will be broadcast live from the National Theatre on June 12th.  I am slipping that date into my day calendar now.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. "riotous exposure of entrepreneurial greed" is such a great phrase. I love big words. David now knows what intimation means thanks to your reply to his research project post. I think he likes big words too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at that phrase ("riotous exposure of entrepreneurial greed") too, since it came from a review explaining what I should look for when I see this show in June. I am hoping that I don't see a parody of myself in the show.

    I l like big words and interesting phrases -- ones that make me go back and read them again. I joined a list that sends a big word to me everyday (thanks Dr. Dictionary). I hardly ever know the word, but I put it in a sentence of my own and try to throw that word into general conversation during the day. The word for yesterday was neologize and I have been having a hard time trying to find a way to use that word.

    My favorite new word since I have been reading the list is borborygumus. I didn't have a word for that phenomenon, though I have felt it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.