Sunday, September 29, 2019

Snow in Calgary and a Note from Victoria

Photo Credit: Mati Poon
I can see where the snow has been shovelled at the lower right
Snow came to Calgary last week.

So much snow that wherever people looked, there was a blanket of whiteness, some said.

When I looked at pictures of my back yard from my safe place here in Victoria, I could only see sidewalks, connecting sidewalks.

Everything else was snow.

I love that first snowfall if the temperature is about zero and the flakes float down for hours.

So sorry to have missed it.

And now to change the subject to pain medication.

Totally disconnected but here it is.

Photo Credit: Matiram Poon
... snow on the limbs of the tree the children used to climb ...
I forgot taking my pain medication tonight until I just read a note from Eric Jarvis who in an aside had said something about his pain meds.

So I ran upstairs to get some in me.

I can't figure out when to take mine,

What I do is I don't feel well.  I kind of don't feel like moving any more and I am not enjoying my evening.

When all of those factors add up, what has really happened is I have forgotten to take that last dose of my 2 Super Strength Tylenol.

But I don't seem to have the capacity to figure out that is what I need when I get to that point.  I just sit there in soporific stupidity.

I should probably just set an alarm on my phone that would go off every night to remind me of that last dose of medication.

I wonder if I will do that since timing is all, and I can't really tell ahead when the next four hours of waiting for meds will end. 

Maybe I will practise today and see if that will work for me.  I would certainly suggest that for a solution to someone else.

On the subject of health, I am getting so off balance from the peripheral neuropathy in my feet that Rebecca asked me to take my walking sticks with me on my morning walk.

She said it will make the passers by more comfortable, not seeing me weave around on the sidewalk.

So I tried them this morning.

 They work at keeping me walking on my own side of the sidewalk.

I even had a better walk once I got over the humiliation of knowing I should be walking with them all of the time and don't.

Might be some pride there.
Photo Credit: Matiram Poon
... snow on the patio chairs, and a slim path
to the fence and then the alley in the back yard ....

On this same topic, on a cruise, an older couple asked Wyona how she had moved over to using her walker on her day trips from the cruise, since she dances with Greg at night and everyone see the two of them having fun together, neither seeming to need a walker.

Here is Wyona's answer to them.

She said she had a friend who didn't take his walker to a mall, fell and hit his head, got a concussion and was released from the hospital, only to die a few days later from that fall.

Remembering that makes it easy for her to take her a walker with her.

i know that man as well, so I should take a cue from both Wyona and him.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.