Sunday, September 29, 2019

Feast at Thursday SAIT Lunch

... the other magpies flew away ..
... only this one stayed to be photographed ...
I waiting in my back alley, for Wyona and Greg to pick me up for a feast at SAIT. 

So feasting was on my mind as I was watching this magpie get into the neighbour's garbage can.  There were scraps of food everywhere because there had been many birds there when I went to reach for my camera.

I was glad that my back bin was closed.

And I was thinking about feasting and how over the years, the idea of feasting has changed.  I am sure that now I would call Sunday dinner at my mother's house as I was growing up, feasting.  There was always a pot roast and on festive occasions, a turkey.

Even though hunting season began and my dad would be away, my mom would make the feast that surrounds the roasting of a turkey and invite in guests.

Feasting.

Now it happens just about every day.

At the store, yesterday, the fig yogurt was half price and then the person giving out samples was adding another coupon worth $.75 off the product -- so I bought the 335 mils of yogurt, a feast for me to be enjoyed while I watched one of the film that is on Duncan's "History through Film" course.  The film was Lee Daniels' The Butler (2013) starring Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, John Cusack, Jane Fonda, for those who are curious.

As an addendum, watching these films from Duncan's  class with him is going to be a good two months for me. 

Yes to feasting.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.