Sunday, September 29, 2019

Guitar Lessons, Part II

LtoR: Bonnie, Arta, Rebercca

I have just given Bonnie another guitar lesson.
There are not many chances for the three of us to be together and all alone at the same time.

Rebecca is doing validation work with ideas that have been collected in stories from Secwepemc people.  So she is away during the day.

Bonnie is at the house in the evening, just hanging out with us before she returns to her own place and to work in t he morning

And I am here at the lake ... sometimes alone during the days, letting myself move from one task to another.  On some days I pick out the most important job to do. 

But I find more pleasure in the days when I wander outside and do jobs that will have no direct impact.  Afterall, fall is coming so why did I think it was important to weed the brown-eyed Susans, and clean out the chick-weed that was covering the ground around the bluebelles. 

I look for the fox-gloves that I planted down by the volunteer squash and pumpkin.  Ostensibly there were 1,000 seeds in my hand and only fox glove came up.  Perhaps I only had 100 seeds.  At any rate, I will have one foxglove next year and I will call it foxglove heaven.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.