Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Patchwork

Bonnie took care of her loved ones at home and then came out to the lake with 2 games in hand. I wondered if she was bringing them to play them with Rebecca, since I am well known to be a curmudgeon as far as games go.

When Rebecca phoned saying she was in Chase and it would be well over an hour before she got home, I told Bonnie to bring out the game, I would play. As my token went around the board, Bonnie was coaching me all of the way. “I was introduced to this game by Doral.” “This game would be a good fit with you and Betty. She has already tried it and is good at it with a little help.”
...  game for two players ...

“I love this game. David will play it with me under duress. When I play it with Joachim, I go all out, trying to win. And I am good at it.”

“I have loved this game so much that I know all of the algorithms that a person needs to use to win this game.”

And then Bonnie began to speak of formulas and math.

“If you would like to take it home, it will be a good game with your grandchildren.”

I think if Bonnie will play the game with me one more time, I will take her up on the offer. This must be true for I found myself choosing to read the rules while I was eating breakfast.

Rebecca came last night and I offered to play Patchwork with her.  She said a polite no and then pulled out the Lost Cities game.

In that game I end up double digits in the hole.  Nope.  Playing games is just not my thing.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.