Thursday, July 30, 2020

Clapping Games

Bonnie asked me if I had been doing any clapping games with the little girls.  Yes, I have been working with Alice and Betty to do clapping games. First of all, I have been trying to teach them every song in Sally Go Round the Sun.  I have taught the rhymes out of the clapping section of the book, but I haven’t put the hand clapping to the singing rhythm.  I have been afraid to try it since I haven’t been able to teach them the rhythm that goes with `Who Stole My Chickens and My Hens’, I told Bonnie. 

Bonnie hadn’t asked me the question as a challenge to me.  Just a question for information. But I began to wonder why I hadn’t taught the clapping games.  So after Bonnie went to bed at midnight, I stayed up to watch hand-clapping games on you-tube.  I think I have the clapping into my bones now, so I will be taking some little person aside today to test out my strength at getting both singing and hand clapping going, though it will be a hard sell against the joy of watching a cartoon on their devices. 

Thank goodness, Miranda only gives them 2 hours of screen time a day. 

Before I came out to the lake, I was at my own screen a lot of the time.  One week, a notice ran across my screen: you had an average of 7 hours, 13 minutes of screen time  per day this week.  I didn’t need I needed to know that. 

The next week another notice:  you had an average of 6 hours, 59 minutes of screen time.  Thank goodness I am decreasing my screen time. 

In order to get all of the writing done that I want to do, I am going to have to raise my average hours per week at my computer.  I wonder if I could have meals brought in for me, so that I wouldn’t have to move to my kitchen from my computer. 

Alternately, I could learn to type faster.

~ Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.