Friday, July 17, 2020

Lake Projects

From Mary:

Naomi found these rollerblades in the shoe section of Churches Thrift Shop in Salmon Arm. 

The sign say all shoes : $1.

We was disappointed to get to cash and find out they were $3 but decided it was still a good deal.

She brought them back to the cottage and sanded them so they would take spray paint.

Next, back to town to buy some spray paint.

 Now she is cutting out stencils of roses to add some detail with another colour of spray paint.

(Posted for Mary by Arta)

3 comments:

  1. If it weren't covid times, I'd try to get Naomi to come watch the local roller derby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a roller derby, except the one on TV when I stayed a summer in California around 1956. Roller Derby was on the black and white TV. I could only have dreamed of attending such an event in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca reminds me we used to watched Skinny Minney (Gwen) Miller on TV as kids. I remember being so fair someone would get injured. I asked Rebecca to remind me whether we though she was the best or the most violent. Rebecca said for her it was probably both, because women weren't allowed to be be competitive and aggressive in those days in very many environments.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.