Thursday, July 30, 2020

My List of Things I Like to Do

Another Thing I Like to Do
Throw a scarf around my neck so it looks
like I am dressed dramatically, when really
all I have done is thrown a scarf over an old
black fleece coat I use to keep me warm.  

And now I am ready for my Zoom Meeting
with Catherine Jarvis's family.
Bonnie and I began our day, each making a new list of things we like to do.  

For me, making the list was a way of seeing if I am really doing what I want to do.  

I sometimes wonder if I am letting what I want to do get hijacked by another less important idea that crosses my mind.

Bonnie and I shared our lists, me reading mine first.  

“We are more like each other than I had imagined,” she said after hearing me read.  

She showed me her list of things she liked to do.  

Her formatting was totally unlike mine.  


Bonnie couldn't find her glasses.
After searching she reaches for her
second pair and put them on.
She found trouble fitting them on her nose.
Then she really laughed and said, "OK take a picture.
She had squares and circles and arrows and stick figures all over her page.  

Still the content was surprisingly the same as mine.  

I might even say suspiciously, for someone might think, “Hey one of them has just copied her list off of the other.  I doubt the authenticity of this.”

But there it was for both of us to see.  

More alike than either she nor I had thought.

Here is my list:
1.     I like to write: both blog and write memoir
2.     I like to read – anything: books, magazines, signs on highways, posters in subways.  I can’t stop my eyes from looking at words
3.     I like to do voluntary work in a small company: LaRue"
4.     I like to email people and receive emails back.
5.     I like to sing with a child.
6.     I like to do poetry with a child.
7.     I like to connect in any possible way with a child.
8.     I like to study adults.
9.     I like to go to Zoom meetings.  Doral just called to add me to his list of contacts so that he can invite me to a meeting quickly.  Even if he only does it once a year, it will be a quick way!
10.  I like to go to cultural places:  museums, theatres, architectural wonders in cities, wonders of nature….
11.  I like to attend events: plays, musicals, opera,
12.  I like to go to online lectures.
13.  I like to attend Rebecca’s law lectures in person.
14.  I like to clean, organize, file, tidy, mop, dusty, do the wash.  I actually like to do it all.

And at this moment, best of all, I like to know I can add or delete anything on this list at will.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I support you having my classes on your list! I like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I like your classes, but for me a little learning is a dangerous thing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.