Sunday, July 12, 2020

Bucket List - London

Bucket List - London

I've already been to London once, but I really want to go back. 
Here is a graffiti wall near where we stayed in London in 2015.

Where am I?
I'm in London of course.

When I go next time, I want to go shopping for high end fashion.  I've been checking out a store call Yoko London.  They sell pearls.  I'm sure my grandmother would like these.

My mother told me I'd better start saving my money.  I googled to know how much 7,5000 pounds is in Canadian Dollars.  That's $12, 857.62 

Last time I went to London I was more interested in Harry Potter.



We didn't get into the Ministry through this phone booth.  I think I need to go back to find the right phone booth.


There is a lot of places to shop near Piccadilly Circus.  Last time I was there we went shopping for toys at Hamleys.  That was fun.


In  a grocery store they do samples, but in a toy store they let you try out toys.  






I wish they would let you try out pearls too.  What do you think?

I've been checking out high end fashion.  Next time I'm in London I hope to see a fashion show. 
I'm really interested in Stella McCartney's collection.  I have two items I want to buy.




I am saving money now to see if I could purchase these two items.


London here I come.

Hebe

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hebe,

    This is the best post of the week! Thanks for showing me where to subscribe so that I get a newsletter all about pearls. I signed up. And I clicked on the link. So many beautiful ways to wear pearls. Pearls are a renewable resource. That is why I can justify having more than one of them.

    And now about that purse. Just fabulous. Rainbow and all of that fringe. So many colours. I see lots of purses at Winners that have fringe. I always touch the fringe and sometimes I put the purse over my shoulder to see if I would like it. Usually the cost is more than I can bear, though sometimes the weight of the purse is too much as well. But the purse you are looking at appears to be lightweight. And you can make it within your budget if you really save.

    When you get a little older and take sewing lessons, you will be able to make dresses just like the one you posted. Maybe you will want to buy one as well. Winners also has some great choices. My Aunt Estelle is very beautiful and one of her favourite past times is shopping for just the right outfit. Her career was selling high end clothes and showing other women how to be exquisitely beautiful as well.

    As for Hamleys, when I lived in London with Wyona and Greg, Hamleys was a short walk away -- maybe 7 minutes. I went in there lots. What a store! Even a second floor of toys when you get through looking at everything on the main level, though you may know that already.

    Your pictures made me want to go back to London. Thanks for posting them.

    I can hardly wait to see where the next place is that you want to visit. You know, one man said, "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." That is a good argument that a person can go to London and always be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a fuller discussion of that topic of being tired of life, it was Samuel Johnson who made that quote: See https://www.samueljohnson.com/tiredlon.html


    When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.

    "Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
    — Samuel Johnson

    Boswell and Johnson were discussing whether or not Boswell's affection for London would wear thin should he choose to live there, as opposed to the zest he felt on his occasional visits. (Boswell lived in Scotland, and visited only periodically. Some people are surprised to learn that Boswell and Johnson were far from inseparable over the last twenty years of Johnson's life, the period Boswell knew him.)

    This discussion happened on September 20, 1777, and Johnson, someone who hated to spend time alone, was always going out and enjoying what London had to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hebe, I loved reading about some of your favourite things about London. When I was there I also loved the toy store and shopping for clothes and shoes. The fashion there is fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.