Sunday, July 12, 2020

Socks to Maximize One's Happiness

I asked Rebecca whatever possessed her to buy so many socks. 
The Wave, The Scream, Nefertiti, Frieda, ...
I am waiting to catch Rebecca 
to fill in the rest of the names of the socks.



She told me that while hovering her mouse over some product she had seen pairs of socks that celebrate great paintings pop up. 

She said she never would have bought them at regular price, nor at half price, but now they were 40% off half price if she bought more than two. 

So she bought the whole set. 

Long weeks passed.

Then she got a note in the mail saying that the company was out of socks, and did she want to sign up for their sock-of-the-month club.

Girl with a Pearl Earring is an oil painting 
by Dutch Golden Age painter Johannes Vermeer, 
dated c. 1665.
"Scammed," she thought and just put the idea that her original order would ever arrive.

More weeks passed, and a package came in the mail:  the socks.

"Whatever are you going to do with them," I asked after observing them.

"Why wear them, of course," she said, "and I will challenge people to see if they know the names of any of the paintings, before I put them on my feet first.

I could guess The Girl with the Pearl Earring, and a few of the others.

Oh yes, it has a little dangling pearl sewn onto the girl's ear.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.