Crazy good Beef and Broccoli
Yield: 2 servings
. 1 pound flank steak, sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
• 3 cups small broccoli florets
• 1/2 cup beef stock
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons corn starch
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• For the sauce:
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons corn starch
1 Toss sliced beef in a large bowl with corn starch.
2. Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes. Add sliced beef and cook until it browns, a few minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3.Add broccoli and garlic to the pan, and stir. Add beef broth. Let simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While waiting for the broccoli to cook, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
5. Add the reserved beef and sauce to the pan, and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes so the sauce thickens a bit.
• Serve beef and broccoli over cooked white rice.