Saturday, February 10, 2018

Double Bubble Gum - so many chews

 ... one side larger than ours ...
I can’t remember why the kids next door wanted bubble gum.

They already had some one day when I went over there, but they don’t have the bubble technique yet, that gift of flattening the gum in one’s mouth and then sticking one’s tongue through it, all of the time gently blowing.

What is a grandmother for, if not to practise technique with.

At Costco I bought the 1 kilogram bucket of Double Bubble Gum. 

Each piece is theoretically to be sold for 10 cent.

There are 175 pieces in the bucket. I take out 2 pieces per person each time we practise. Getting three of those little oblongs of pink gum into one’s mouth is just a little too much. In fact, even two is too much for Betty. I think a large portion gets swallowed before it is even softened. I saw her gagging at one point. She does open her mouth and show me that she keeps some of it to the side to chew. The comics which still come wrapped in the gum are a high point of opening each piece. The name of the protagonist in the comic strip is still Pud. I get to read each comic strip and then keep them in my comic strip collection. Tonight Michael asked why so many of the comic strips are the same. I had to tell him that the manufacturer doesn’t expect the same family to be chewing all of the gum. I am taking the gum over morning and night but my bucket doesn’t seem to be going down very fast.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.