Thursday, February 1, 2018

The Gift of Gaming

Spendor is a game of chip collecting
and card development.
I have been thinking for a while of playing Spendor with Zoe.

Having lost the instructions that go with my game, I went to the internet, the source of most of my information these days.

And yes, there were instructions on how many tokens to use if in a two player game.

So ready to show her how to play this game I put the tokens on the board and began to show her how to collect chips, then mines, and then showed her the nobles who might come to visit us. Zoe doesn’t usually say much but she turned to me and said with distain, “I know the rules”.

 Alright. A slapdown.  I could tell I had been talking to much.

 I asked her how she knew the rules and she told me, “Brandy”. I love one word answers from Zoe.  I know to fill in the thousands of words that go with what she says.

What can I say. One thousand nods of appreciation to Brandy who must have taughter her the game. We began to play Splendour, me trying to keep up with Zoe’s speed.

I am not ready for the expansion to this game. Maybe later when I can keep up to that girl.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Zoe and I didn't have a chance to finish the game. After 1/2 hour in it, she had to pack up for Charise was driving her somewhere for the evening. At the point where we had to stop, I had one point and she had none. So far she hasn't learn the point system in that game. And we are not that good at using our gold coins. But that will come. It won't be long until many in your family will be drawn into the game, wondering what makes it so much fun to play. A quick game when i see Rebecca and Duncan play it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.