Thursday, February 22, 2018

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - review

Jack O’Connell and Sienna Miller in
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Photograph: Johan Persson
Hello,

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is tonight.

Hoping I can make it there and of course am pulling out all of the stops to get there.

Even going for acupuncture in the afternoon so I will be all relaxed and ready to enjoy the show at night.
Review by Michael Billington here.
I noticed in the side link in the review, that when this play originally came to the stage some of the themes were forbidden to the general public and a person had to join a private club to see the show.  Nothing like finding something fascinating in the past!

Arta

4 comments:

  1. i am so sad i missed this.... just way to chaotic of a week. i am waiting for the encore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back, it was so incredible. There was some nudity, which I don't think was gratuitous. The movie caught the terrible complicatedness of our of our lives. I don't think I told you that I chatted with another woman on my row. She was also looking at the secrets families hold, saying she comes from a large family, and that now, years later, some of those secrets are coming out. I told her I have a large family too, and in our case we go to court with each other. I always ask people if their families have deteriorated that far. They laugh and say no. I don't tell them that ours is on the recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i notice that our cinema is also going to reshow the movie version of this (with Elizabeth Taylor) this year. i haven't seen it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny about you not seeing the Elizabeth Tayloor version of this movie. I went out to see what the production year was: 1958.

    No wonder you missed it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.