Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Lady of the Camelias - a preview


Svetlana Zakharova,
Foto: Mikhail Logvinov
There were a piece of me deciding that this was the ballet that I was going to miss.

That is, until I read the review by Lucie Dercsenyiova.

This seems like it will be an outstanding modern ballet.

I am truly looking forward to it.  I did refresh my mind about the main story.  And in the article above there is a lovely paragraph about the prima ballerina:
Svetlana Zakharova is a unique dancer. Incredibly talented prima ballerina, endowed with the sense of expression not only in the face but in the whole body. Even in the most difficult passages she acted so spontaneously and confidently that you believed everything she was experiencing, without pathos but with intense inner empathy – Zakharova herself admitted that Marguerite is not a dancing role but rather a “dancing being”.
See you at the ballet.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.