Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Neighbours

... a family of three ...
As you know, Richard, Miranda and Michael live next door.

I can take a trip over there three or four times a day and only find them home once.

I could call first before I go over, but it is quicker to just slip out the door and go up their back steps.

Last night they came wandering in through my back gate making their way over to their porch, but stopping at my house to talk for a while.

"How do you work this thing?"
The pre-football season game was on at McMahon Stadium.
 

I was enjoying the lovely evening as were they.

I twisted a nozzle onto my water hose and Michael tried to find out how it worked.

"Whoops"
Miranda and Richard stood back, letting him experiment, since he didn’t have any idea of how hard to hold the lever or in which direction to point the face of it.

He was getting wet.

They let him investigate until at one point I saw the water was coming out of the hose in a steady stream.

“Did he figure out how to do that?”

"Now that was fun!"
“No,” said Miranda.  “I switched the lever.  He had worked hard enough and I thought he should have a reward now.”


So cute.

 Arta

1 comment:

  1. how fun!!! in that last photo, i can see so many family resemblances to the johnson/pilling line! I am sure the turnbulls are seeing their own roots too, but Michael is CLEARLY one of the family! :-) turning into his own little person....

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.