Saturday, January 23, 2016

NT Live - Les Liaisons Dangereuses


I was holding my head tonight. Rebecca asked me if it were aching.

No.

I just had my hand to my forehead trying to figure out how I am going to get to Les Liaisons Dangereuses on Thursday, since all of the specials seem to be tumbling in on each other. I missed Florence and the Uffizii Gallery last week. I don’t want to miss much more.  Michael Billington, Susannah Clapp and Ben Beaumont-Thomas give wonderful reviews on the play.
Janet McTeer and Dominic West 
in Les Liaisons Dangereuses
Photograph: Johan Persson

Wyona told me she really doesn't like the story.

I have to read the reviews so that I can go.

I can’t take too much anxiety about who will live, who will die, who will conquer and who will be vanquished in the shows I am seeing lately.

I go to the reviews and carefully sketch out the characters, their connections, who will rise and who will fall -- there just are not going to be any surprises in the plot for me, unless the director makes drastic changes after the reviews are written.

I am a coward.

I like to get my surprises from the lighting or the framing or the sound.

That is enough excitement for me.

On the point of not liking the story, I have to think about all of the stories I have been seeing:  Hamlet,  MacBeth, ....

Where, oh where is a good comedy!

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.