Sunday, March 29, 2020

Always #2

Why didn't I just take a minute
and adjust her shorts when I was
talking this picture?
All of us who have access to a newer phone have better cameras than we have ever had in our lives.

When Catherine posted this photo and text on Facebook, I was reminded of the old cameras we used, of the cost of the film, then the cost of developing, the lag time between when the photo was taken and when we saw it, and the time it took for pick-up and delivery.

For some reason thinking about that made the photo all the more precious to me.

Here is what Catherine says about the picture:
Looking through old photo albums. I’ve discovered that since a young age I’ve been #consistent Love this photo my mom took of me in elementary school after sports day. Came second in everything. “I’m number 2, I’m number two.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.