Friday, March 27, 2020

Creative Art Metal Class

My final project.
I took a an evening class through the Okanagan Community College night classes program.

It was taught by Mitch Milgram. It was the last time he plans to teach it.

We got to observe demos of him working with pewter, brass, copper, silver, and steel. 

We could try one of the projects he modelled, or come up with our own ideas.
For Arta

I got to use many tools I hadn't used before including a dremel, a blow torch, a buffer, a huge metal cutter, an anvil, and more.

I tried my hand at enameling and  etching. I made some wax models to create silver earrings, but ran out of time to finish them.

For Mary
I did get a pewter necklace finished. I learned that it is not fun to wear a necklace with sharp edges.

I hope I run into my teacher and fellow students once the Provincial State of Emergency due to Covid-19 has ended.

I miss our weekly work together in the metal shop at one of the local high schools.

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. oh, your metal projects make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can hardly wait to wear my necklace, even though it will scratch a bit. Remember when people in the middle ages wore hair shirts (shirts made of hair so that they would be itchy) as penance so that they would remember to be sorry for their sins?

    I may call this my hair necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clock is beautiful. I am also assuming it is functional. Where are you going to hang it. And when it is up, will you blog a picture of it on your wall?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.