Monday, March 30, 2020

Glimpses of My Home at the Shuswap

... dying clump birtch to the left and a struggling pear tree to the right ...
I have been plotting a way to get out to the Shuswap.

I am not alone in this venture.  I think Mary and Rebecca both have the same idea cross their minds.

I can’t find a way to see me there yet. I can continue to visualize ways to find myself out there, and who knows, that dream might come true.

... an forest anomaly at our place, a yew tree left of centre and middle ...
I have never been there for an extended amount of time at this time of year.

That is why I enjoyed having Moiya send me a few pictures from her view of it on the road as she drives down to the lake.

I am curious about what is going on in the garage for I see the garage door is open.

I don't care why the door is open.  I just want to know who is having fun in there.

I look at the stairs and remember weeding them last year.

They had been neglected for a season or two and the clover roots were deep enough that I had to take a screw driver and slip it way down and then wrench them out of the dry earth.

That too me two full days, a bucket by my side to put the clover in, and pads in the middle of my legs so that I didn't drive too many rocks into me knees as I knelt there.

I have a lot of broken boughs to pick up beside the stairs.
And I think I can see the pool Glen built in the stream at the far right middle.
The two brown stones give it away.
I wonder why there is so little snow here.
This is not the sunny side of the house.
I can’t believe that thinking about that gives me so much pleasure now, since it was so much work then.

At any rate, I am having the feelings that I have always imaged were felt by the man who wrote “Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam.”

The first line of my song would be “I’m thinking of that home, where the clover grows in the loam”.

Now that was really bad.

Please, no one comment.

Arta

*Upon reading the comment below by Bonnie, and her generous supplying of the link, I add it here for easy fo viewing.

4 comments:

  1. Where the deer and the grandchildren play ... see story told by David, June 2014, age 8-1/2 at https://youtu.be/BbpvqVwIqNA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice video... made me smile. I had to watch it twice too! Jane

      Delete
    2. Hi Jane. Thanks for going out and looking at Bonnie's link. That was a lot of work. Worth it thought to get to see the children of your loved ones, in this case, Bonnie Johnson. I took the link and put it at the bottom of the blog post so others can link to it easily. I wouldn't have had that thought without yout entry. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. How did you find that, Bonnie? So sweet to be able to watch it over and over again. Now it has 2 more views from me. I love the part where "the deer snatched a pear from one of Arta's trees". 2014 was a miracle year. Probably the only year that those trees have every born fruit. I keep telling Glen we should cut them down. He keeps telling me, patience, it takes a long time for a tree to get deep roots. Thanks for bringing back the lovely memory of David telling a story. The End.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.