Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Met Streams for 5 days

I just finished hearing the last notes of Carmen since the Met is streaming for 20 hours a day one of the old video below.

Now tonight was an overwhelming streaming, even if I saw the show many years ago.

Just stunning and I feel breathless. What a gift.  Wish I could have found out how to put on subtitles, but none of my right or left clicks would work.

Having seen all of the rest of the shows below will not be a reason to not see them again.

Just go to metopera.org at 7:30 pm if you are interested.

Here they are for the rest of this week:

March 17: Puccini’s La Bohème
Conducted by Nicola Luisotti, starring Angela Gheorghiu and Ramón Vargas. (Originally broadcast April 5, 2008.)
March 18: Verdi’s Il Trovatore
Conducted by Marco Armiliato, starring Anna Netrebko, Dolora Zajick, Yonghoon Lee, and Dmitri Hvorostovsky. (Originally broadcast October 3, 2015.)
March 19: Verdi’s La Traviata
Conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin, starring Diana Damrau, Juan Diego Flórez, and Quinn Kelsey. (Originally broadcast December 15, 2018.)
March 20: Donizetti’s La Fille du Régiment
Conducted by Marco Armiliato, starring Natalie Dessay and Juan Diego Flórez. (Originally broadcast April 26, 2008.)
March 21: Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor
Conducted by Marco Armiliato, starring Anna Netrebko, Piotr Beczała, and Mariusz Kwiecien. (Originally broadcast February 7, 2009.)
March 22: Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin
Conducted by Valery Gergiev, starring Renée Fleming, Ramón Vargas, and Dmitri Hvorostovsky. (Originally broadcast February 24, 2007.)

4 comments:

  1. I watched La Boheme last night. Now I have watched 2 for 2. I also went out and looked up Il Trovatore on Wiki because I don't have the plot, nor the characters in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well, last night I could get English sub-titles up. But I couldn't get it to cast to my TV so I had to watch it on my computer.

    I wonder if I would be able to do both tonight? Still trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metopera.org is streaming Il Trovatore right now, just as you said, with the click of a button. Thank you! Back to The Met ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talked to Moiya today telling her about the streaming of metopera.org. She didn't know it was that easy. Just go to their website and enjoy at 7:30 pm.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.