Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Eighty Memories for Eighty Years: #24 Avatar Grove

Glen, my favourite forester, is on the right.
The tree on his right has grown on a nurse log
which you can see at the bottom of its bole.
Note the size of the tree compared to Glen.
A trip to Avatar Grove was one of the holiest moments of my life.

In this ancient growth forest, the world is presented as though it can be seen in time immemorial.

I have written about my trip there elsewhere so this post will be short. [for the other post, click here: https://larchhaven.blogspot.com/2020/03/tloqwxwat-or-avatar-grove.html


At Avatar Grove you only need to be aware of three man-made objects:

1) There are a set of stairs to take you to the forest floor

2) There is some signage that invites you to go in one direction, or in its opposite direction, both trips will provide a similar experience, though I shouldn’t say that for I only took the walk in the right hand direction from the sign. The next time I go, I am going left.

3) There has been provided some boardwalk on the forest floor – just enough to get you through the muck.

And now, if you ever get a chance, try a trip to Avatar Grove, as I said, a holy experience. If I go again, I will take with me that same forester who guided my eyes to places I could not see on my own.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. David, Joaquim, and I read your post at dinner tonight. None of us had been there, nor did we know where it was. David wondered how long it would take to walk the trails in Avatar Grove. Joaquim is wondering where the name came from. My question to them was, "How soon can we get there?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree that it was a trip to remember!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.