Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Musical Overtones of the Platelets

Thanksgiving at Moiya and Dave Wood's

The meal was a gift to the turkey, 
but somewhat sad for the steer.
I was at Moiya's American Thanksgiving feast, enjoying the scene of the lake out of the window and waiting for my furnace to be replaced the next day.

At the same time as I was enjoying the view, the CPR were removing those platelets that they put the long train rails on.

I can hear the overtones of the music that the clanging makes, as each platelet goes on the eighteen-wheeler the CPR have brought in to take them away.

The noise is rhythmic, like a metronome is being used, and the continuous sound gives me the feeling of being in a concert hall, the sound of an anvil, all the time I am in the company of friends.

As to the conversation, Dave Wood can't figure out why the CPR just didn't put the platelets on a railroad flatbed car, but as you can imagine, we who only watch, only have questions and none of the answers.

A joy to celebrate American Thanksgiving with people in my Covid bubble.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.