Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Broken Glass

I have been moving to a more open office concept.

Having contained myself in my bedroom while my house is full of guests in the summer, it is now time for expansion – especially with when the basement has the capacity to hold what might be at least four spacious office cubicles – and now the space is empty for the winter.

During the move I decided to transfer a glass pedestal container that would hold a quart full of small stuff that one might want to have in one place in their office.  I thought I could use it on one corner of my desk.

I washed the foot and the bowl, shined them to perfection and was carrying it to the stairs, one hand on the bowl and one on the pedestal. Suddenly they just separated. No one was more surprised than me.

There is no way to repurpose the bowl.  It only has sides now, no bottom. The pedestal turned into a place where I displayed some Halloween ornaments. When I turn it upside down to use the base and not its pedestal, it will be a vase for some dried autumn grasses and branches. 

 Just taking a moment to grieve the past which is now broken glass and to move onto the future where there are now, infinite possibilities.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.