Monday, November 28, 2016

Testify! Indigenous Arts +the Law



Last year, I got selected as part of an Indigenous Art and Law Collective, and so have spent part of energies over the last year thinking about these two things together. Here is a link to info on the project:  http://www.testifyindigenous.ca I got paired with the really wonderful Shain Jackson, Sechelt lawyer, artist, entrepreneur and activist.  What a joy!  He did an amazing copper piece, "Golden Eagle Rising".  Copper set into cedar.  



It was set up with a piece of writing by me.  the necklaces i made this summer, to give as witness gifts:  people were to choose a necklace, and leave a post-it note saying what they would take away from the show as a whole.








 Nadya Kwadibens (also in the show) took the most amazing photos of the show.  check it out here.

https://www.facebook.com/redworksphotography/photos/a.10154408172645700.1073741866.152439735699/10154542415225700/?type=3&theater

2 comments:

  1. I checked out the photos as you suggested. I can only imagine what must have been going on. I wish I could have heard the words and the music -- seen the dance, enjoyed the art work first hand, and I loved looking at the snack/food table as well. Thanks for at least giving me the virtual experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your necklaces there, the best part. The art is also fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.