Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Late, Late Show

... the first step in getting back to Montreal 
is making it through security on time ...
Catherine gets a burst of energy between 10:30 pm and 2:30 am.

I am the lucky recipient of those work-charged hours.

She re-organized the spices in both of my kitchens.

She levelled the washer and dryer in the laundry room so that they no longer rock when they are in motion.

She purchased and put together a shelving unit to hold cleaning supplies.

She purchased a new shower head, installed it and put a rice paper cover on the glass of the bathroom window. She assembled vertical metal shelves to hold up my pots and pans.

"Thank heavens for the beautiful scarf, Arta, 
so people will look at the scarf 
and not the bags under my eyes. 
Time for a nap on the plane: 4 glorious hours."

She sorted all of Kelvin's photos, letters and memoirs, getting them into binders and she found time to read some of them to Kelvin.

She catered two ethnic parties based parties:  one sushi based, the other samosa based.  She organized a spontaneous sibling party as well.

I don't even find it embarrassing that I had that much social and physical work to do around my house.

Nor do I find it embarrassing that I have another list that long for when Rebecca arrives.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. I love Catherine's scarf and even more I love her grey streak.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.