Wednesday, March 15, 2017

What to take to grandfather?

... breakfast prep ...
 ... but it could be any meal prep ...
Tonight was Mommy Night Out. But she didn't leave home-free for she had prepared Baked Tilapia and Asparagus for us. Michael said he didn't want to eat the asparagus.  Richard said, "This is not asparagus.  This is just butter with a vehicle to get it to your mouth.  Yum."

All of the children are just getting over colds and are off their food.  So we planned what we will be taking to Grandfather next Sunday.  Between each new grand story, they all had to take a bite.  I told them that Grandfather can't eat his ice cream sticks anymore, so he wants Michael to have his as an extra.  Alice wondered whose extra she can have.  I assured her there will be extras for everyone.

This morning's breakfast for Kelvin was yogurt and a blended croissant.  I asked the kids if they have ever eaten croissants.  Not in their present memories.  So we wondered if we should buy a package of those and eat them with Grandfather while he eats his next Sunday.  Not a bad idea.

The third plan for our Sunday adventure was the Cadbury Creme eggs.  I was thinking that we might have 3 each in honour of Mary who likes to eat hers that way.  Alternately, I have been going up and down the Easter Candy Isles, trying to find the absolutely best choices.  The Peeps are cute, but I wonder how they taste?  Then there is a cow.  I am pretty sure it poops bridge mix.  I must take a closer look when I am at the store.  That might be a real hit.  Even for Grandfather.

When the stories finished and a few bites of everything were in everyone, Michael and I left to read at my house.  Alice wants to join us.  I told her she can only come for the fun times.  We are doing hard work.

Sweet reading.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Reading and eating and story telling. Three wonderful past times.

    I'm not sure I will ever be offered blended croissants. I think you said it was chocolate croissants you brought for the Sunday, March 19 breakfast party.

    I haven't cared for someone who was dying before. Your blog posts give me ideas of how to make that a positive activity for the little ones who come along - extra ice-cream bars for the children. Like a "living will" - and to you, I leave my uneaten ice-cream bars when I can no longer consume them. =) Very dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I mean to say is that dad loved to be generous, and even when he could no longer talk or swallow, you supported him in his generosity -- giving his snack to one grandchild from him, a book to another, some lego to another. He loved to give.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.