Sunday, January 12, 2020

5 Scarves for $10

... some older scarves went to Mary ...
An interesting note:
Her necklace is built around glass beads blown by her.
In the mid-afternoon and on the way home from the lab, a place I go often, lately, I thought I would wander through the North Hill Shopping Centre.

In the morning, I had been shopping with Wyona. Neither of us had bought anything at Additionelle.

A long time looking at coats, for me, but no coats I wanted to buy.

I did see a blue coat with a fur hood, one like Mary wears. 

... a hat for Michael to shovel the snow in ...
She bought the coat that her mother-in-law, Pat, also bought. 

Thousands of miles between them, and they went for the same outerwear.

Two years later, that coat hasn’t gone out of style and was there at the shop, but only ½ off, which is fair, but Wyona and I just weren’t ready to buy at that price, I guess.

That was the morning.

As I walked by Ardennes in the afternoon, I notice some crazy prices on footwear: 80% off.

I wandered through the boots and shoes as well, knowing that nothing would fit me. But shopping isn’t always about buying.

... scarves and unicorn hats were on sale ...
I went over to the scarves.

... finger mitts for Alice ...
I just gave some away to Mary and I will never notice they are gone. There is no need for me to buy any more.

Five for $10 the sign said
I checked the original price.

Each was $18.95. That would be 10 scarves for the price of one. I had to recheck my math since when something is too good to be true, that is just what it is.

.... everything was on sale at Ardennes ...
Betty went with her mom.
Betty picked out eye make-up and these sun glasses.
Too good to be true. But I hear the clerks telling another customer and they are closing down at the end of the month and they are doing.

So I filled up my arms and brought home all that I could carry.

I phoned Moiya to see how many she wanted.

“None, at any price.”

She just doesn’t feel the way that I do about scarves.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. OK. those glasses on Betty are the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda also let her buy eye make-up, glitter eye-make up. Miranda says it is the best toy ever. Betty puts it on her eye lids, on her cheeks, her chin -- no part of the face is without a glitter once she has that packet in her hands.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.