Monday, January 13, 2020

Frida - on stopping by the gift shop

Wyona accompanied me to my obligatory Hip Replacement Workshop on Tuesday.

Not that I am not happy to have gone to the workshop.

For 2 ½ hours a nurse, a physiotherapist, and a social worker presented material that any informed patient would want to know. Since this was my second workshop, I was glad to hear again information that I missed the first time around and that I am sure will be useful for my trip to the operating table next week. When we were through the lecture, we stopped by the gift shop on the way out of the hospital. Sometimes the gift shop is a wonderful place to find fine items. On the 40% off table were two bags.

“Look, Frida Kahlo”, I said to Wyona, recognizing the images on two of the purses.

 “I don’t know her,” Wyona replied.

 “I would love that purse, both of them, really” I said.

Image credit:
 https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/FRIDA-Viva-la-Vida
“The bags are essentially white,” Wyona said. “Do you ever lay your bags down in muddy places.”

“Whoops. No bags for me.”

I wondered why I had had some memory of studying about Frida Kahlo.  Then I remembered that A Writer’s Guide uses an essay about her, and I have studied that guide when I needed to use a style manual.

Since Kahlo was the object of that teaching essay, I became familiar with her name and then her work.

I think I saw a free movie as well about her, out on the internet, once I was curious about who she was.  I have no memory of how I accessed that before.

So I am looking forward to The Gallery series this Sunday – an adventure with Frida Kahlo, as the small intro to her told me when I watched it.

And just for the fun of it, some Kahlo quotes.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.